- The massive amount of holidays. EVERY month has a holiday, a BIG holiday.
- The psychology. People’s minds are just not in the “game”, they’re too busy getting last minute gifts on their weekends and skipping the open houses.
- The weather. Most winters are cold, and while December in Brooklyn was practically tropical, February made up for lost degrees.
- DISTRICT 13 (Downtown north of Fulton / DUMBO / Brooklyn Heights / Fort Greene): 3 new elementary schools will be built somewhere in the area. Planning for the first 572-seat would start in April of this year forcompletion Sept. 2019! The second 476-seat school would be completed in Sept. 2020, and the third 572-seat school is scheduled for completion for July of 2021. Currently there is a new middle school opening up in DUMBO in fall 2016 and a new middle school under construction at Pacific Park / Atlantic Yards to open in 2019.
- DISTRICT 15 (Downtown south of Fulton / Cobble Hill / Gowanus / Carroll Gardens / Boerum Hill) : 1 new 824-seat school to open either 2020 or 2021 in the area. Also in the works is a 436-seat addition to P.S. 32 in Carroll Gardens.
Brooklyn’s Q3 2015 Report has been released, and Brooklyn continues to perform strongly. Key highlights:
Second-strongest third quarter in seven years. Despite a normal decline in re-sale activity in the third quarter, new development sales in Brooklyn rose – lifting the Third Quarter’s performance in 2015 to a significant height.
More sales. The pace of signed contracts increased by 9% year-over-year, as more purchasing options made themselves available.
The Manhattan Q3 Report has been released. And, as many of you expected (but can hardly believe) the prices went up! Highlights and trends as below:
Continuing record prices. With new development sales robust, the median price for an apartment in Manhattan reached $999,000, a ten-year high. The median price per square foot is now $1,284, up 11% from a year ago.
More sales. The pace of closed sales was up 3% over the same quarter one year prior, and there were 11% more signed contracts.
Another inventory contraction. For just the fourth time in the last ten years, the number of properties available for sale in Manhattan fell below 5,000 – a dramatic shortage that is helping to maintain the rise of sale prices.
How to Rent Your Apt FAST: Allow Pets
OK OK, so besides all the other stuff we’ve talked about before, good photography, nicely (if possible) staged furniture, but clean empty rooms will do, good light etc,.. what else can you do to rent your apartment fast? Allow pets. I can hear the chorus of “the repairs!”. Yes, pets can cause damage — they can chew on things, scratch the (beloved) floors, scratch doors, and urinate – which if not cleaned up quickly can damage floors. There is no getting around this, and this is all true.